A diaper tree, also known as a diaper cake, is a thoughtful and practical gift for an expectant mother. It can be the centerpiece of a baby shower and the mother-to-be will surely appreciate a gift that will have immediate use when the baby is born.
Also if you are interested in a diaper bag you will want to do your research and find good diaper bag reviews before making a purchase.
Diaper trees are easily customizable and can be designed to look like a tiered cake, motorcycle, tricycle and cradle or anything else you can imagine, the options are only limited by your creativity. Adding decorations such as pacifiers, rattles, bibs and any other baby accessory you can think of will not only enhance the look of the diaper tree but provide many other little gifts for an expectant mother.
If you are in the market for a big bag to haul all your materials check out the Okiedog Dahoma Sumo diaper bag review for a high quality diaper bag that is big enough, yet not too bulky.
Materials Needed to Make a Diaper Tree:
In order to create this unusual, yet creative gift you need a large amount of new-born diapers depending on how big you plan to make the diaper tree, a roll of thin ribbon, a roll of lace ribbon, tape, cardboard and items for decorating. Anything personal or useful will be well received when used as decoration.
The following is a step by step guide in how to make a diaper tree (this guide is for a tiered cake style, feel free to get creative:
Diaper Tree Making Process:
- Begin by cutting the thin ribbon into foot long pieces
- Start rolling the diapers tightly, rolling them inwards helps keep the edges from flaring out
- Once the diaper is rolled neatly and tightly, tie a piece of ribbon around it to secure it
- Continue this process for all the diapers, ensuring they are uniformly tight
- Once they are all rolled, arrange them in tiers, you can have as many as you like
- Bundle the bottom tier together and tie ribbon around the circumference of the bundle, if you are having trouble keeping the diapers in place use double sided tape
- Repeat the above step with less diapers to create a second tier, less diapers for a third tier etc. until you have created as many tiers as you require
- Cut a piece of cardboard into a circular shape the same diameter as the bottom tier
- Use either double sided tape or loop some masking tape on the cardboard and place the bottom tier on it, ensuring that it is secure
- Repeat this process to stack the other tiers on top of each other, always ensuring they are secure before moving on to the next one
- Decorate the diaper tree using baby accessories, candy, ribbon or anything you prefer
The opportunities to get creative when making a diaper tree are limitless and you can experiment and put as little or as much effort in as you desire.